Thursday, October 1, 2015

ALDI Love Part 1


For those who don't know- I LOVE ALDI grocery stores and we just got one this month in Charleston. HALLELUJAH!!! I first heard of ALDI when Brandon and I moved to Matthews, NC and our teammate Teressa kept ranting and raving about getting a cart full of groceries for their family for $65 a week. She and our other teammate Marion discipled me and my friend Kitty in all things ALDI. I have been sold ever since.

Now I will disciple my kids in all things ALDI. Some of you asked "why do you like it? What do you suggest we buy?" So here's the first part of my answer. 

                            


ALDI specializes in the most common things people buy from the grocery store and this helps keep costs down. They also keep costs down by not having baggers, you bring your own grocery bags, and the unpacking on shelves is minimal. I LOVE it. 

                                       

See all that Greek yogurt with fruit? It's 70 cents a pop! PRAISE GOD!!! Seriously that stuff, when on sale is $1 each.


I love that they always have a small selection of name brand stuff (fun seasonal stuff too) for much cheaper than the average store. Today this is what I found: 

                                           

Yes that's mini Babybel cheese for $2.89 per bag of 6- my daughter was STOKED. She loves these in her lunch.


                                           

Caramels for $1.89- great for fall baking! Or for these Salted Caramel Brownies I found and fell in love with through Pinterest.  

                                           

Betty Crocker Candy Corn cookie mix and Maple Bacon cookie mix for $1.89. Now I love some homemade cookies but these are so fun! If I'm gonna buy processed junk I want it to be fun! 


These are some of their products that were my favorites 10 years ago and still always make it in my buggy (yes I say buggy, I'm from North Carolina). 

                       

These Vinagrette dressings are amazing! They have chunks of cheese and garlic at the bottom! And at $1.99 a piece they're a steal- I think my favorite is the Three Cheese. 

                                

I love to bake and you cannot beat their prices for brown sugar, dark brown sugar, confectioners sugar, and chocolate chips. They even have butterscotch chips and all at the great price of $1.89 a bag! 

                                          

I love their Tri-Color Tortilla Chips on salads and for only $1.19 a bag!

                                    

Again, if I'm not gonna make a pie crust from scratch then I wanna buy 2 for $1.69! Amazing! And when I'm gonna make my momma's chocolate eclair desert and need whipped topping I'm gonna pay 79 cents- yes-sir-ree! 

Okay now don't get me started on how great their prices on produce are- My rule of thumb for our family is fruit with thin skin or skin I eat is going to be Organic and thicker skin I buy regular to save money. So I was so happy when I saw my ALDI was carrying these yummy Gala organic apples for less than $5 for this big bag. 

                                           

Anyone notice that bell peppers have become the golden egg of vegetables costing an arm and a leg? I've been leaving them out of recipes for years cause they're so dang expensive. Enter ALDI and now I can get 3 for $1.19!!! Are you kidding me?!? And they're from North Carolina. 

                                           

I could go on and on and on but I'll save some for Part 2. Happy shopping! 

*This post is not endorsed by Aldi




1 comment: